Monday, February 15, 2010

Pulte Homes Founder William J. Pulte Announces Plans to Retire


BLOOMFIELD HILLS, MI.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pulte Homes (NYSE: PHM) announced today that William J. Pulte (top right photo) (77), company founder will retire from the Company and its Board of Directors effective March 31, 2010.

Mr. Pulte’s position on the Board of Directors will not be replaced, reducing the Board size to 11 members.

“With 2010 marking six decades in business, with our merger with Centex complete and a great, proven leadership team in place, and, hopefully, with the worst of this housing cycle behind us, this feels like the right time to officially step away from the business.”


“I was 18 years old in 1950 when I started construction on my first house, making 2010 my 60th anniversary in the building business,” said Bill Pulte. “Many people have heard me say that I have never worked a day in my life because I so love what I do and the people I work with.

“With 2010 marking six decades in business, with our merger with Centex complete and a great, proven leadership team in place, and, hopefully, with the worst of this housing cycle behind us, this feels like the right time to officially step away from the business.

“One of the things that has thrilled me most over the last few years is working with the people who are now in place and running Pulte Homes. This is particularly true of Richard Dugas, (top left photo) who has become a great leader for this company. I plan to remain a large shareholder of Pulte Homes and have never been more confident in the leadership and future success of the company.”

Following his retirement, Mr. Pulte will assume the title of Founder and Chairman Emeritus and serve as a key advisor to the senior executive team and Board of Directors under a two-year consulting agreement with the Company.




Pulte Homes, Investors: Jim Zeumer, (248) 433-4502, email: jim.zeumer@pulte.com
Media: Caryn Klebba, (248) 433-4840, Email: caryn.klebba@pulte.com
(a) Web sites: www.pulteinc.com; http://www.pulte.com/;  http://www.centex.com/;  http://www.delwebb.com/;

No comments: