Wednesday, August 31, 2016

HFF represents Menlo Equities in office acquisition in Austin, TX

Champion Office Park,  6433 Champion Grandview Way, Austin, TX      
                                                                                                                          (Photo by David Cox)                                           

Henry Bullock
 DALLAS, TX  – Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P. (HFF) announced it has closed the sale of Champion Office Park, a recently-completed, Class AA office park totaling 221,136 square feet in Austin, Texas.

HFF marketed the property on behalf of the seller, Endeavor Real Estate Group and Granite Properties, Inc., and procured the buyer, Menlo Equities, who acquired the fully leased property for its recently-launched fund, Menlo Equities Absolute Return Fund.  

This is the first acquisition in Austin for the $450 million, open-end evergreen fund, which is actively seeking to invest in similar stabilized assets leased long term to investment-grade-rated tenants. 

Completed in 2016, the LEED Gold certified Champion Office Park consists of two office buildings designed by world-renowned architectural firm, Overland Partners.

 The office development features floor-to-ceiling glass, limestone facades, a vine-clad parking garage and a tree-lined pedestrian plaza.  Indeed, Inc. occupies 90 percent of the space with the remaining 10 percent leased to Jobs2Careers. 

Champion Office Park is located at 6433 Champion Grandview Way on a 28-acre, cliff side site overlooking Bull Creek and the Edwards Aquifer nature reserves in the Loop 360 Corridor of northwest Austin.

This location, at the intersection of Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360) and FM 2222, provides easy access to Austin’s major roadways, including MoPac Expressway, US Highway 183, Bees Cave Road, Highway 71 and RM 620.

 Additionally, the property is close to numerous technology companies such as Apple, Google, IBM and Oracle that reside in Northwest Austin and the Loop 360 market.

Rick Holmstrom
Founded in 1994 by Henry Bullock and Rick Holmstrom and headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Menlo Equities is a vertically integrated commercial real estate company engaged in the acquisition, development and operation of properties in select technology markets in the western United States.  

Since its founding, Menlo Equities has acquired or developed approximately $5 billion in assets comprising more than 100 separate transactions. 

Menlo continues to be an active buyer and is seeking additional acquisition opportunities for its Absolute Return Fund, with a focus on extremely well located, Class A office properties, NNN-leased to credit tenancy. 

For a complete copy of the company’s news release, please contact:

 Kristen M. Murphy
Director, Marketing
HFF | One Post Office Square, Suite 3500 | Boston, MA 02109
Main: 617-338-0990 | Direct: 617-848-1572 | Cell: 617-543-4873 |

No comments: